Earlier this month, the staff and Board of Directors of Energy Foundation finalized an update to our mission, vision, and values statements. This is the first time the mission has been changed in our nearly 30-year history. We are excited about capturing the evolution that has been underway and setting our sights on a bold vision for the future.
The Energy Foundation team is deepening our commitment to the following statements:
Securing a clean and equitable energy future to tackle the climate crisis.
A healthy, safe, equitable economy powered by clean energy. We believe a thriving clean energy economy can create sustainable opportunities, spur innovation, and protect our climate—for today and future generations.
We lead with our values in every aspect of our work. We strive to be transparent and hold ourselves accountable to all people and living things.
- Transformational Impact: We are ambitious in our pursuit to deliver game-changing, durable, clean energy outcomes for all.
- Community: We develop and sustain a diverse and inclusive organization where collaboration is core to how we partner and work.
- Equity: We support grantees and advocates by providing resources to help address unjust, historical barriers based on race, gender, culture, and identity.
- Learning: We encourage curiosity and risk-taking, with open dialogue to inspire growth and innovation.
- Service: We work together across our networks, stakeholders, funders, and internal and external teams through respect, authentic relationships, openness, and collaboration.
While we began this work last year, the events of the past few months underscore the need for bold action to ensure clean energy supports a clean and equitable recovery. We’re leaning into our clarified mission, vision, and values as we respond to the moment. We are excited about these new guiding principles and look forward to working to deliver on our updated mission.
CEO, Energy Foundation
Chair, Energy Foundation Board of Directors